Minerva University State Authorization

What is state authorization?

State authorization allows institutions to conduct certain educational activities outside their home state (for Minerva University, outside of
California). Each state has unique authorization requirements, so Minerva University must review each state's laws and rules to ensure that the University is in compliance.

If a student wishes to reside in the United States but outside California during a term, they must inform the Minerva administration. Please contact state-authorizations@minerva.edu for more information. For Fall 2022, taking courses in the US outside of California is permissible in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming, West Virginia.

Remote instruction is NOT permissible in the following jurisdictions and states: District of Columbia, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Wisconsin.

Minerva University is working on approval by the states not listed above. We will add other states to the lists above as information on our status becomes available. In the meantime, for information on states not listed, please contact state-authorizations@minerva.edu.

Information on the Complaint Process:

Please reference the Student Handbook for information on the complaint process at Minerva University. If a student has a complaint or a problem they are unable to resolve through direct communications with university staff and administration, they may submit a more formal complaint via one of the mechanisms listed in the Student Handbook.

Some states have an additional complaint process available for students while they study and are residing in that state. Students should first exhaust the complaints process and procedures as defined in the Student Handbook before they submit a complaint in that other state.

Connecticut is one of those states. We are required to provide the following information on our website to meet Connecticut requirements: If the process outlined in the Student Handbook does not address the concerns, students residing in Connecticut during the course of study also may contact the state regulator:

Emily Bjornberg
Senior Consultant
Academic Affairs
Connecticut Office of Higher Education

450 Columbus Blvd. Suite 707
Hartford, CT 06103
860-947-1824 (office)
860-575-1127 (cell)